In honor of Earth Day, we will organize 500 youth, parents, teachers and community members to engage with 500 school board members by 4.22.2018. These school stakeholders will empower their local, county, and state school board members to speak up for climate action and climate justice in order to protect current and future students. Based on these engagement efforts, we expect that by April:
- 5 school boards will have passed climate change resolutions;
- 10 school boards will have included discussion of climate change on an official school board meeting agenda;
- 50 school boards will hear statements about climate action and climate justice from school stakeholders during school board meetings;
- 100 individual board members will sign statements declaring climate change a "children's issue" and calling on leaders at every level to take climate action
- 500 school board members will be empowered to speak up for climate action thanks to outreach and engagement by SCA advocates and our allies.